Friday, September 18, 2015

Phase 3

When I first scheduled our move, the moving company gave me a 3 day window for the pickup of our furniture in PA. They said that the truck would arrive on Sept. 16, 17, or 18, and that they'd give me 24-48 hours notice of the actual date. I was hoping for one of the later dates, so that I'd have more time to finish packing. However, God had other ideas.

While I was on the plane to head back home from Houston, the truck driver called and left a message. He asked if it would be possible to pick up our stuff on the 15th! If that was not possible, he said he could come on the 16th.

We didn’t arrive back in town until almost dinner time on the 14th, so I knew there was no way I could be ready by the 15th. Even the 16th was pushing it, but by the grace of God, we were able to get everything packed up in time.

I must admit, though, that it was not a pretty sight at our house on Tuesday night. It had been a very long and stressful day, and I was exhausted. As my husband will probably attest, by the time I went to bed about 2:00 Wednesday morning, I was not a “happy camper.”

I got up at 5:00 Wednesday morning to finish the packing. The driver had given me a window of 7-10 A.M. for the pickup time, and thankfully it was close to 10 before he arrived.

I was very impressed with the two movers. They were very efficient and had everything packed in the truck by about 2:00. Our stuff is now on its way to Texas, with an estimated arrival date between September 20 and October 5.

1 comment:

  1. It's a new adventure...now, the worst is behind and you can look forward to a new life. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete